Monday, November 8, 2010

Scheduling Life

So, I have discovered in the last week or two that scheduling life does not work like it does say, your work day.  I got really frustrated at myself for not having tasks done at the end of the day, so I figured it was because I was mismanaging my time.  The truth is, life "got in the way."  Kids are demanding of your time and attention, and have no regard to your "schedule."  So, I would be exhausted at the end of the day, busy, busy, busy, but nothing was done...what had I done all day?  Oh yeah, took care of the kids, cleaned up after them, fed them, changed diapers/help use the potty, get them down for a nap, kiss boo boos, dole out morning and afternoon snacks, make dinner, feed kids again, clean up kids, get ready for bed, read bedtime stories, sing a bedtime song, tell Carter 3 times good night before you close the door, and then collapse on the couch to have a minute to yourself.  And of course, that's just the basics...there's always the unexpected that creeps in there daily.

What I did learn though is, you can have a schedule to a point.  Like, I will sweep and mop this morning, and then start lunch/dinner at this time, and fold clothes while watching evening TV.  So, really, I guess that's not a schedule, but more of a to-do list. 

Making a schedule/to-do list has made me more aware of how my time is spent, and that I need to make the time to do the things that I need to and want to.

So, next on my list is to clean the kitchen...so ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment