Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time To Move On

Over the last year, I have come to the realization that a particular friendship has gone by the wayside.  I tried to deny it, but it's true.  I tried to hang on to it, but I got blown off.  I realized, I was being treated as an acquaintance, and not a friend.

I don't know why exactly it happened.  Perhaps, the whole out of sight, out of mind thing, but then I got to thinking, that's not an excuse because all of my close friends live far off, and they all make the effort that a friendship takes.

It hurts, and I think it's because I took/take it personally, like, that person doesn't like me any more.  But really, our views are different, our values are different, and we really don't have anything in common anymore.  But still.  They didn't make an effort! It was so one-sided.  I slowly gave up, and today, I'm moving on.  I've complained, and now I'll move on.

1 comment:

  1. That's always a tough transition to go through. I have gone through something similar this year but the circumstances were a little less gradual. It's never an easy feeling to grow apart from someone, but just maybe there is a reason that they didn't make the friend "cut" so to speak.

    ReplyDelete