Monday, January 4, 2010

Twenty Ten

I'm hoping twenty ten will catch on instead of us still saying two thousand and ten. I know it probably won't happen, because for the last 10 years, we've been saying, two thousand, and we all get set in our ways.

We're into day 4 of the new decade. I've been committed to my healthier lifestyle for about 2 months now. The weight is steadily coming off. As of today, I have lost a total of 17.5 lbs. One of my daily challenges is to get some sort of cardio in everyday. Ideal time is when the kids are taking their nap, but we've all gotten out of our routine, so nap time is either not at the same time for both of them or non-existent. Now that my husband went back to work today after a nice, long Christmas break, we should be able to get back into a routine.

Even though my new Wii game says that I'm fat, I still like to play it. I recently upgraded it to the Wii Fit Plus, and it is so much better than the first version. David has even gotten into it, and customized his own 30 minute workouts. I'm so glad he's on board, too. Isn't it so much easier when you have a pal?

I've also noticed that I've gotten used to eating smaller portions. I've really tried to slow my eating down so I can feel when I'm getting full. I'm trying to get better at reading labels. Yeah, it has this many grams of _____ - but is that good or bad?? So, I read some articles on SparkPeople and I've boned up on protein first. Soon, I will know what a food holds for my body than just the amount of calories in it.

So, here's to 2010 (TwentyTen) and my ultimate goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment