Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blueberry Muffins. Yum.

Is it sad that I used to think of blueberry muffins as the Martha White dry mix that you just added milk to?  I'm not knockin them...they're good...but they just don't compare to a fresh, homemade muffin.  And they're so easy to make, why not do that instead?  I haven't bought the dry mix since I learned this recipe from my mother-in-law.

The fresh blueberries add a little burst of tartness in the sweet muffin...and the way warm berries taste is 'outta this world' as Paula Deen would say.  I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.



Blueberry Muffins

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 cup blueberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease muffin tins.
Mix dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl, mix egg, milk, and oil.
Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry mixture.  Mix only until flour is moistened.
Fold in the blueberries.
Spoon two heaping tablespoons into each muffin tin.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

Makes about 10 muffins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment