Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sunshine On My Shoulder

Now that I'm a homemaker, my schedule is totally different than what it used to be 2 years ago.  I had to wake up really early - ok, maybe not really early to some of you, but to someone who likes to sleep, it was early - and get myself and the little munchkin ready for work and daycare.  At that time, my husband got up uber early...like, before the sun (poor guy) to get to work, so he wasn't there to help me get the little munchkin ready.

A few things have happened in the last year that have altered our previous sleeping schedule.
  • Now that my husband has a new job, he goes into work waaay later than he used to at his previous job.
  • We had a baby, and many of you know, babies like to sleep...a lot...more than me. ha.
  • I stay home with the kids now, so no need to hop up and get everyone ready ASAP.  
  • We changed Peamite Alpha's bedtime so he would sleep later in the morning so A) he wouldn't wake up Peamite Bravo (see point #2) and B) he wouldn't wake Mommy and Daddy up who had stayed up later to have alone adult time - and no, not like that, get your head out of the gutter.  Just normal adult conversation or the ability to complete a task without a peamite being under foot or crying or screaming or asking a million questions.
 Everyone once in a while a peamite will wake up before I'm good and ready to.  I just want to get 8 hours! Please! Is that too much to ask? ... I was tired when I thought all that...  Today was one of those days.  Poor Peamite Bravo had a dirty diaper, and she was letting the whole house know about it.  She wanted to be clean - pronto. I believe (I could be wrong) that Peamite Bravo's wailing woke up Peamite Alpha, and at that point, I really have to get up.  He is very insistent when he wants a "ganola bar" (granola) first thing in the morning.  Somehow, Dave is able to sleep (or pretend to sleep) right through all this so that it will be me that does the getting up.

After I tended to both the kiddos, I caught a glimpse of the clock...wow...a whole hour before I normally get up.  No wonder I can't think straight.  I go into the kitchen to get some OJ and I see little rainbows being thrown on my cabinets.  I have this beautiful tealight holder given to me by my awesome friend turned sis-in-law.  I have it sitting in the window sill above the sink, and when the light hits it just right, rainbows are created.  Purdy.  Well...I usually miss this, because for the sun to be able to hit it just right, it has to be low in the sky and I'm usually asleep for another hour at this point.

 Pretty rainbows...sorry, the picture just doesn't do it justice.


So, I had sunshine in my window and then on my shoulder when we met up with some friends and family for a picnic at the park.  That was a bit random, that last sentence...but hey, that's me...I'm a bit random.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment