Thursday, April 15, 2010

Peach Orange Banana Smoothie or Peach Banana Orange...whichever you prefer

When I lived in Hattiesburg, I went to Smoothie King all the time.  I had the punch card and it filled up quickly.  I would do a little dance for joy inside my head every time I got another punch...that much closer to a free smoothie..woo!  Ahh, the simple things in life.

So, now, without Smoothie King, I make them in the comfort of my own home.  Which is probably better for me, because I always wanted the really big size, which probably had 10 million calories, but I didn't want to think about that...I just thought about the yummy goodness that was disappearing quickly with each sip of the straw.
Anyway, back to me making them at home now.  I put a cup of frozen peaches and one small banana in the blender.

Then I measure 1/2 cup of orange juice...
Then I add the creaminess - yogurt.  Today I'm using plain yogurt, but if I can find it vanilla yogurt is really good, too.
Then I hit the Blend button and let the blender do its thang.  See? The blender doing its thang?
And here's the end product in all its deliciousness...

And...it was gone in like, 2 minutes.  Well, maybe not that fast, but probably very close.  Great breakfast.

Peach Smoothie
1 cup frozen peaches
1 small banana          
1/2 cup orange juice 
1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
Blend until smooth. Drink. Yum.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment