Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chicken Dorito Casserole

I tell people about this casserole, and they look at me like, really?  Yes. Really.  It's delicious.  I have converted two non-casserole-eating-people with this recipe. My husband will get very excited when he finds out this is for dinner.  Even Peamite Alpha requests it by name.

My mom's been making this casserole for years now.  I have no idea where she got the recipe, but I'm sure glad she did.

So, get your ingredients together, or a grocery list started so we can make this deliciousness.


Chicken Dorito Casserole

4 chicken breasts
1 medium onion
1 regular size bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can whole kernal corn
1 3/4 cup chicken broth (made from boiling chicken) 
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes (I use Original, but put in whatever hotness you can stand!)

Boil the chicken until tender with the onion, salt, and pepper.  Cool.  Skin and debone (if necessary) and cut into bite size pieces.  Spread the chicken in the bottom of 11x13 in baking dish.  Crush the Doritos and spread over the chicken.  Next, spread the onions, corn, and cheese.

Heat the soups with the chicken broth and tomatoes.  Pour the mixture over the casserole.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.



If there's any left, be glad, because it's even better the next day when all the flavors have melded together.  Enjoy!  Here's a picture of my little Peamite Bravo enjoying it:

No comments:

Post a Comment