Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Peamite Bravo's 2nd Birthday

My little Peamite Bravo is getting to be such a big girl.  She's starting to talk in more complete sentences, and is very expressive of her feelings.  She also knows what a party is, and that we were having one for HER.  She would say, "my cake" and "my party."  Except it sounded like Eddie Murphy when he sings "Party All the Time."  Yeah, potty.  

We had a "nandy" (candy) birthday party for her.  Candy everywhere.  On the cake, on the cupcakes, and scattered about.  Even her dress had candy on it.  Her Aunt Emmy is the best shopper and finds the cutest outfits.  Look how adorable it is! 


Even the invitations were lollipops!  Kimberly Davion of www.gluepaperscissors.net designed the invites, favor tags, and cupcake wrappers.  Just look how adorable these are!  (Sorry, everything's adorable right now.)

Lollipop Invitation
The invitation swung open to show the party details!

cupcake wrappers gave extra color!

Sweet favor tags!

I looked and looked for inspiration for the birthday cake, but all of them were huge.  We didn't need a lot of cake.  Although, we did end up with way more than needed because half the people invited couldn't make it, but that's another rant.

I finally came up with this idea, and ran with it.  I was really pleased with how it turned out.  You can't really tell in the picture, but the whole cake was shimmery.  I airbrushed it with lustre dust.
Cake I made for Peamite Bravo's 2nd birthday
Lemon Cake with Vanilla Buttercream and Fondant

I also made cupcakes.  Kids love cupcakes.  It could be the same exact flavor as the cake (these were not) and they would still go for the cupcake.  I thought this to be true anyway, until we went to a friend's birthday party the next day, and one of the kids insisted on having a slice of cake instead of the cupcakes, which indeed was the same exact recipe for both.  I think she's a grown up in a 7 or 8 year old's body. 

Anyway...I made some cupcake toppers and used real candy as well for toppers and decoration.  Dressed in Kim's beautiful cupcake wrappers, the cupcakes were perfect.



Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream

I even made sugar cookies to look like pieces of wrapped candy for the party favors.  

 Sugar Cookie Party Favors

Everything was very colorful and happy.  I couldn't find plates and napkins with a candy theme, so I just went for more color.  I think you can see them well enough in the picture.  Colorful dots!

  Party set up!

Peamite Bravo had a great time.  She was very excited to play with all her new toys, and couldn't wait to wear her new clothes and shoes.  I loved seeing her reaction to everything.  Like I said earlier, she's very expressive now.

Now I'll leave you with us singing "Happy Birthday" to her, and how she tries to blow out the candles.




At the end you can hear my mom tell Katie that she can blow them out now.  That's because we had to keep her from blowing out the candles as I was trying to light them before we sang! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment