Monday, October 19, 2009

The Best I've Ever Made

Tonight was the night that I made the best pork loin roast that I've ever made. Well, technically, it was today instead of tonight since I started it at 11am. I thought this would be the perfect meal for our recent cool weather arrival and plus, it's super easy when you cook with a Crock Pot. So, I was making lunch and supper in one go.

For those that care:
In the Crock Pot, I seasoned the pork loin with salt, pepper, and Tony's and covered it with a can of Cream of Chicken Soup. I set the temperature to 'low' and let it cook for about 6 1/2 hours. With 2 hours left of cooking time, I added potatoes and carrots. If David liked onions, I would have added one of those as well, but he doesn't, so that particular ingredient gets omitted more often than not. I salted the potatoes when I threw them in the Crock Pot and the stirred everything so it was covered with the soup (gravy).

I'm pretty critical of my cooking, and David laughed at me when tonight I was like, "This is the best roast I have ever cooked!" He sarcastically said, "And you say that so humbly." I pointed out that I was indeed harsher on my cooking than he was, and that he's always like, 'This is so good, you should make it again,' and I'm over there thinking, 'Man, that was crap.' lol

Well, until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment