Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Easy "Chicken Pot Pie"

Every once in a while when I have no inspiration for dinner, I'll look on the side of the box for a recipe.  Bisquick has several on the back of their box, and I thought I'd give their Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe a try.  I used quotes around chicken pot pie in the title, because it tastes more like a Chicken and Biscuits recipe, but since that's what the recipe called it, that's what I'm calling it.

I made the recipe per the directions and ingredients, only adding 2 small potatoes since my frozen vegetable blend didn't have them included.  I think it could have used one more can of Cream of Chicken Soup to make it creamier.  As it was, it was just a little moist.

Bisquick has a coupon on their site for 60 cents off or you can go to www.coupons.com for a 50 cent off coupon.  Walmart has their boneless, skinless chicken priced at $1.88 per pound right now, so it's a good time to stock up.

Here it is all baked up and golden brown on top - ready for us to dig in. (Sorry for the crummy picture.)





And here's the recipe with my additions in italics:

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

1 lb bag of frozen vegetables, thawed
2 small potatoes diced small and cooked until almost done
1 cup diced cooked chicken
2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup of Original Bisquick
1/2 cup milk




















1 egg



Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, sprayed with a little cooking spray, mix together the vegetables, chicken, and soups.  In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken mixture.


Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.



 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment